Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Tuesday, April 26

B.J. THOMAS - LONGEST NO. 1 SONG TITLE


Today in 1975 B.J. Thomas' song '(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song' hit number one on the Billboard music chart in the US. It is likely not a surprise for you also that the song also holds the title as being the longest song name to appear on the Billboard charts.
What was he thinking? I am assuming that his management team were all off on holidays at the time. lol In saying that, it just goes to show that a song title is not as HUGE as the industry proclaims it to be. Hmm....so now here is an opportunity to make history with very little competition! Write a song with a killer title length - oh yes and of course get it to number one. Any suggestions on a song title for me?...




B.J. Thomas (Billy Joe) born on August 7 in Oklahoma had a ton of hits from the 60's to the 80's. His first hit (break into mainstream radio) was a Hank Williams Cover: 'I'm So Lonesome I could Cry" recorded in 1968. It hit Gold at over 1 million sold and it is not bad really, however I am so partial to Hank that I won't even bother sharing that vid.

In 1968 BJ hit the goldmine once again with the song 'Hooked on a Feeling'. Now I don't care what genre you listen to, you have heard this song. If anything, it always appears at Karaoke or Name That Tune Games. I find it interesting that I would not put this song in my show, but I sure belt it out when I hear it! Here you go, sing it with me:



Okay now, I can't really blog about BJ Thomas unless we talk about 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head'. This song has such great memories for me when I was a little girl. The video is about as hokey as the song, but come on! Hokey is kewl sometimes right? Love love love this song. It doesn't matter what is happening in my life, what mood I may be in; when I hear this song it just puts a bounce in my bum...."because I'm free; nothin's worrying me"....




After 4 decades in the music industry and sales in excess of 70 million albums, BJ Thomas is a name that will be forever instilled in the music history books. We may not always recall his name when we are asked to cite the greats, but when a blog like this happens and you are reminded of his contributions to music - maybe his name won't be so far in the back of the mind when asked to cite in the future. What I find amazing is that he has crossed over from Country to Pop in the Charts for 40 years - now THAT is an achievement!  He is still going strong; he has a new CD out. Check out his website:  http://www.bjthomas.com/



Please feel free to share this blog to Facebook (link below) and spread the Netty Mac Train word...chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga...whoot! whoot!!!!

Cheerz & have a HUGE day!!
Chow Mein Noodle!!!!
Netty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment