Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Monday, April 18

GENE AUTRY- MUZIK NEWZ Ago2daY


Today in 1939 Gene Autry (Orvon Eugene Autry; September 29, 1907 – October 2, 1998) recorded 'Back in the Saddle Again'. Orvon, I have never heard this name before, have you? I think I would have gone with Gene as well. Autry worked as a telegrapher on the railway after school and would pass the time by singing and playing his guitar. A customer (by the name of Will Rogers!) eventually talked Gene into going professional.


'Back in the Saddle' was Gene Autry's signature song but was not his first hit. Gene's first hit was a 1932 duet with Jimmy long called "That Silver-Haired Daddy Of Mine". How pure those days were with the language! The degradation of the media since these times is horrifying to me.

'Back in the Saddle' was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1997. What on earth took so long?? This one just doesn't make sense to me. Here is a kewl vid I found for "Back in the Saddle':




Did you know that Gene Autry wrote 'Here Comes Santa Clause'? His other HUGE hits were Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman and Santa Clause is coming to town. His voice is perfect for the Christmas songs in my opinion; so crisp and clear and calming - trusting * soothing. Check out this video, what an era!




I used to watch and listen to Gene Autry with my Grandma (mentor). I idolized everything about my Grandmother and all she loved I inherently loved. She was a Gene Autry Fan (also Boxcar Willy and Johnny Cash) so I am very fond of this music. It holds so many memories for me.

CLICK HERE - LIKE NETTY MAC - thanx bunches! xo

Please feel free to share this blog to Facebook (link below) and spread the Netty Mac Train word...chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga...whoot! whoot!!!!
 
Cheerz & have a HUGE day!!
Chow Mein Noodle!!!!
Netty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment