Blog Traffic - Page Views

Translate

PLEASE CLICK LIKE - Keep the Netty Mac Train Chuggin'

Thursday, March 17

MUZIK NEWZ AGO2DAY - GRACELAND

MUZIK NEWZ AGO2DAY - GRACELAND - 1957. Graceland is nothing but a mere house on 3.8 acres. The home of the great Elvis Presley since 1957. He gave his folks a hundred thousand dollars and asked them to go out and find a house because the one he was living in was a bit of a pain with the paparazzi. (of course this would be putting it mildly!....can you imagine being Elvis Presley's neighbor? May sound all right, but what a royal nightmare that must have been!

So off Gladys and Vernon go with their 100K and they find Graceland. Elvis loves it at first sight and pays Mrs. Ruth Brown-Moore $102,500. The house was located on 13.8 acres, had only 23 rooms totaling 10,000 square feet. Elvis then expanded the quaint little shack (How on earth does one manage 10,00o freakin' square feet?!) to 17,522 and within ONLY a few weeks of purchase moved into his newly renovated mansion that we all know as Graceland; aptly named as it was once used by the Graceland Christian Church.
Graceland: 3764 Elvis Presley Boulevard. By April Elvis had his custom music gates installed. They were designed by Abe Saucer and built by John Dillars, Jr. I can tell you with confidence that when my Diamond CD lands, I am definitely going to have custom music gates! I would have to say that the gates are one of my most favorite pictures I have see of Graceland. (Yes that's right - the trip is on my Bucket list!)

Elvis died at Graceland on August 16, 1977 and is buried there along with his parents and grandmother in what is called "Meditation Garden". I know when I am there I will stand frozen because even as I write this I am chilled to the bone and a hurricane of emotion is running through me! I cried like a baby when Elvis died and to this day I could cry. I have such a respect and admiration for his talent that even to this day I am like a giddy little school girl that just wants to scream out loud: I love you Elvis. Hokey you say???!? Indeed, but the truth my friend!

Graceland is now a Museum (as of June 1982). In 1991 it was listed as one of the National Register of Historic Places and then declared a National Historic Landmark in 2006. Graceland has on average 600,000 visitors a year.

I hope to be a part of the visitor's statistic one day. I looked into it when I was a young thang and it is only an 8 hour drive from Nashville. So this of course is going to be the trip: Nashville, Graceland, New York. I will ensure to take a ton of pictures and Blog the experience. It has always been a dream of mine but the timing has just never been right....and now I know why! ....I was not ready for Nashville and Graceland was not ready for me! LOL LOL LOL

Cheerz & have a HUGE day!
Chow Mein Noodle
Netty xo

1 comment:

  1. Your gonna love Graceland I went twice already but not since Lisa Marie redone everything as far as the car museum. I hope to go back one day, but I loved it I wanted to move to Memphis when I went. I am a huge Elvis fan. I am about to make a Graceland cake for Christmas wish me luck . hope you have a merry Christmas . Take car now.

    ReplyDelete